It seems few users have problems with scrollable widgets and widget empty list.
This problem seems to be related to the launcher memory.
I opened a post on the LauncherPro forum for this :
Please, contribute on the LauncherPro forum to help me to find this bug.
In Pure messenger, it’s easy to see if the problem come from the Launcher or from the widget :
– you have something different from 0 in the message counter and no message in the list -> Launcher problem
– you have 0 in the message counter and the list is empty -> widget problem
You need to check few points :
– be sure you don’t have similar widgets installed on another Launcher/Home panels (for example on the stock Home: yes, they are visible, and refreshed with some strange effects and performance drop). You need to ALWAYS clean your old Home pages.
– be sure you are using the last version of ADW or Launcher Pro (be careful if you are using a version included in a ROM ? is it up to date ?)
– be sure you enabled scrollable widgets in the Launcher settings !!
– read this article about memory usage:http://www.launcherpro.com/?p=74
– select an adapted memory usage in your Launcher settings . Few users reported that using the ‘very low’ memory setting in Launcher Pro solved all his issues.
– reduce number of Home panels to reduce used memory
EDIT 07/23/2010: code is now modified in Launcher+ (the original Launcher project where scrollable code is available). All is running fine. Now, you just have to wait for other Home to upgrade their code (ADW, Launhcer Pro …)