You’ll need :
* a rooted phone
* Android SDK or simply ADB installed
Now, you’ll have to install it … let’s go:
- fully uninstall Pure messenger
- copy the gmail modified apk to your sdcard (let's call it 'your_modded_gmail_apk_file_name')
- 'adb shell'
- 'cd /data/app/'
- 'rm com.google.android.gm*.apk' (to remove the gmail update)
- 'su' (to pass root)
- 'mount -oremount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system' (remount the system-filesystem read/write)
*** be careful, the /dev/block/mtdblock4 may be different on your phone, and format can be something else (like ext4 instead of yaffs2). Tap 'mount' to check what is the '/system/' mounted partition.
- 'cd /system/app'
- 'mv Gmail.apk Gmail.apk.stock' (to backup the original Gmail application)
- 'cp /sdcard/your_modded_gmail_apk_file_name /system/app' (to install the Gmail modified version)
- reinstall Pure messenger
Now, you’ve got Gmail and Pure messenger working together !!!
Nota 1 : If Gmail application crash, I strongly advise you to clear the gmail application datas (android settings -> applications -> gmail -> clear datas).
Nota 2 : If you already have an older modified version of Gmail installed, the newer modified version of Gmail can be installed on top to perform the update. No need to remove the previously installed modified version of Gmail first.